*** FOR CURRENT AND PAST EMAIL UPDATES/ADVISORIES, SCROLL TOWARDS BOTTOM OF PAGE ***
Important Telephone Numbers and Links:
- NJ Dept. of Health 24-hour Hotline: 1-800-222-1222
- NJ Dept. of Health Website: www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/ncov.shtml
- Centers for Disease Control Website: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/
- Text 898211 and send message 07110
- Call 211
Essex County Testing Facility Information
- Essex County has opened a drive-through test facility at Weequahic Park in Newark. This facility is by appointment only.
- Residents can visit www.EssexCOVID.org, where they will be required to complete a short online screening process before an appointment is scheduled. Residents will be asked several health-related questions. Upon completion of the survey, they will be informed if they are eligible for the screening. If they are eligible, a confirmation number will be provided, which residents must bring to their appointment.
- Please Note: If friends or family members do not have internet access to complete the online screening process to ascertain whether they qualify to be tested, they can register by calling the Essex County Office of Emergency Management at 973-324-9950. The call-in center will be open from 7 a.m., to 11 p.m. An operator will help them complete the initial survey and issue the confirmation number. Residents must bring the confirmation number with them to their appointment.
Other COVID-19 Testing Sites
Below is a list of other locations in Essex County and those offered by the State of New Jersey where residents can be tested for COVID-19. The state testing sites are offering the tests free of charge; private locations may either charge a co-payment or bill your insurance. The sites are:
NJ State Testing Location – Northern Jersey
Bergen Community College
400 Paramus Road
Paramus, NJ 07652
No appointment, drive in only
NJ State Testing Location – Southern Jersey
PNC Bank Arts Center
Garden State Parkway, Exit 116
Holmdel, NJ 07733
No appointment, drive in only
American Family Care Urgent Care
480 Pompton Avenue, Suite 6, Cedar Grove, NJ 07009
CityMD Newark Urgent Care
617 Broad Street, Newark, NJ 07102
Walk in, no appointment
The Doctors’ Office Urgent Care of West Caldwell
556 Passaic Avenue, West Caldwell, NJ 07006
walk in, no appointment
American Family Care Urgent Care
464 Eagle Rock Avenue, Suite C, West Orange, NJ 07052
Municipal Department Information
Your Board of Commissioners continue to take actions that will allow us to continue to provide services while we follow best practices for keeping our employees and residents safe. Please be patient while we implement procedural changes. At this time, all municipal government will remain open, however no person other than an employee is allowed into any building unless absolutely necessary and an appointment is scheduled in advanced. We encourage residents to contact departments by phone or email.
- Going forward, we will maximize the use of our online website, email and telephone service capability. Click Here for Contact and Additional Information
- Commissioner Rogers and the Nutley Health Department urge residents with general questions about COVID-19 to visit www.nutleynj.org/health or call the Nutley Health Department at 973-284-4976.
- Please make every attempt to check in on elderly and/or disabled neighbors. If you are aware of anyone that is in need of food and/or supplies, please contact the Department of Public Affairs at 973-284-4976.
- FREE RABIES CLINICS
The Free Rabies Clinics for the month of April have been cancelled consistent with the Governor’s Executive Order against group activities. The Public Affairs Office will look to reschedule these rabies clinics at a future date. In the meantime, pet owners, as able, should contact their veterinarian to update their pet’s rabies vaccine.
- The Municipal Court is now closed until further noticed. Uncontested motor vehicle violations and parking tickets can be paid online by going to www.njmcdirect.com. Please call 973-284-4945 with any other questions.
Revenue and Finance
- All property revaluations have been postponed until further notice.
- DOG AND CAT LICENSE RENEWAL FEES
The $10.00 late fee for pet license renewals has been waived at this time. First and foremost is everyone’s need to practice social distancing and to avoid unnecessary contact. If a pet owner needs to delay updating their pet’s license or needs to update their pet’s rabies vaccine, they should do so with safety in mind. We will get through this together, and let’s not worry about late fees during this health emergency.
Parks and Recreation
- All Parks and Recreation activities are cancelled through April 30, 2020.
- Basketball courts, tennis courts, ball fields and playgrounds are now closed. Parks will remain open for walking, exercising.
- The Department of Public Affairs is operating. However, in the interest of public safety and health, access to our office is not available. If you need assistance call 862-333-8595 and a member of our staff will assist you.
- Commissioner Rogers, who is a retired Naval Officer, understands that Veterans passing away during this crisis may not get a military funeral and that family members may not hear from a military officer. If this is the case with you or anyone you know, please email Commissioner Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org with the family’s contact information. The families deserve a call and Commissioner Rogers will personally reach out.
- Please be advised that the Department of Public Safety will be fully staffed and will continue to respond to all emergencies within the Township. We ask that if you are under quarantine or symptomatic that you let the dispatcher know when you call 911.
- Parking meter enforcement will be suspended until further notice. Please support our local businesses.
- Based upon most current information, there is the potential for the virus to be in feces and sewage, therefore effectively immediately, DPW will not be cleaning out residential sewer laterals.
Tax & Water Department
- During the next few weeks, we are asking all residents to use our on-line service capability from the convenience of your home. Visit our website www.nutleynj.org to:
- Pay your water or property tax online
- Schedule a final water meter reading (email@example.com)
- Payments can still be mailed to 1 Kennedy Drive, Nutley, NJ 07110
- PTR (NJ State Senior Freeze program) forms will be completed and returned to you within 3 to 4 business days