Elections in the Township of Nutley are overseen by the Municipal Clerk's Office. If you have any questions with regard to voting or the information which follows, please contact (973) 284-4955.
Township of Nutley Polling Locations
- Election District Polling Locations (by Street - Updated 2/25/2020)
- Township Polling Places (Updated 2/25/2020)
2021 Election Dates
|Tuesday, June 8, 2021||Primary Election||6:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Tuesda y, November 2, 2021||General Election|
School Board Election
|6:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
Municipal Elections are held every 4 years. The next General Municipal Election will be held on May 7, 2024
Election Information and Notices
Essex County Voter Information for General Election
- Essex County Voter Information Brochure 2021
- Learn more about the three ways to vote in the November 2nd Election.
- VOTE BY MAIL BALLOT
- IN-PERSON EARLY VOTING - NEW!
- ELECTION DAY AT YOUR POLLING PLACE
New Essex County Voting Machine "How To" Video
The New Jersey Division of Elections Website:
Please click the link to view the NJ voter information portal: www.elections.nj.gov
- Register to Vote
- Find out if you are Registered
- How to Vote
- Track your Ballot
- Find a secure Ballot Drop Box Near you
- Polling Locations
- Military Voting
- Be A Poll Worker
Important Phone Numbers:
- Board of Elections - 973-621-8819 - www.essexboardofelections.com
- Essex County Clerk Office - 973-621-4922 - www.essexclerk.com
- Municipal Clerk’s Office - 973-284-4955
- June 8, 2021 - Primary Election Unofficial Results
- November 3, 2020 - General Election Results
- July 7, 2020 - Primary Election Results
- May 12, 2020 - Municipal Election Results
- November 5, 2019 - General Election Unofficial Results
- June 4, 2019 - Primary Election Unofficial Results
- November 6, 2018 - General Election Unofficial Results
- June 5, 2018 - Primary Election Unofficial Results
- December 12, 2017 - Special School Election Unofficial Results
- November 7, 2017 - General Election Unofficial Results
- June 7, 2017 - Primary Election Unofficial Results
- November 8, 2016 - General Election Results (from Essex County Clerk's Office)
- June 7, 2016 - Primary Election Unofficial Results (includes County Committee Members) Updated 6/9/16
- May 10, 2016 - Municipal Election Unofficial Results
Who Can Register to Vote: To register in New Jersey you must meet the following requirements:
- you are a United States citizen,
- you will be 18 years old by the next election,
- you will be a resident of the county for 30 days before the election.
You are not eligible to register to vote if you are serving a sentence or on parole or probation, as a result of a conviction of an indictable offense under state or federal law or have been adjudged mentally incompetent.
- Are you registered to vote? Find out on the New Jersey Division of Elections website: Am I registered to vote?
If you have recently moved to Nutley and need to register to vote, registration forms are available at the Municipal Clerk’s Office, (973) 284-4955. Or download and complete a Voter Registration Application .
- Mail or deliver the Voter Registration Application to the Essex County Commissioner of Registration at PO Box 690, Newark, NJ 07101-0690
- Present the application in person at the Essex County Clerk's Office - 465 Martin Luther King Blvd, Room 247 in Newark.
The registration deadline to vote at the next election is twenty-one (21) days prior to Election Day.
You can change your party affiliation up to fifty-five (55) days before a primary election and still vote in that Primary Election.
You can declare your party affiliation at the polls when you go to vote in your FIRST Primary Election.
Any registered New Jersey voter can vote by mail in any election for any reason. A voter may vote by mail by completing the Application for Vote by Mail Ballot and returning the application to the Essex County Clerk . To receive your ballot by mail, the application must be received by the County Clerk seven (7) days prior to the election.
The polls are open from 6:00AM to 8:00PM on both Primary and General Elections