Elections in the Township of Nutley are overseen by the Municipal Clerk's Office. If you have any questions with regard to voting or the information which follows, please contact (973) 284-4955.
Township of Nutley Polling Locations
- Election District Polling Locations (by Street - Updated 2/25/2020)
- Township Polling Places (Updated 2/25/2020)
2020 Election Dates
|Tuesday, May 12, 2020||Municipal Election||VOTE BY MAIL|
|Tuesday, July 7, 2020 (New Date)||Primary Election||6:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Tuesda y, November 3, 2020||General Election
School Board Election
|6:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
Municipal Elections are held every 4 years. The next General Municipal Election will be held on May 7, 2024
Election Information and Notices
POLLING LOCATIONS - November 3, 2020 Polling Locations
The 2020 VOTE BY MAIL General Election is well underway. On Election Day, there will be six polling locations available to assist registered voters as follows:
- If a voter has a disability that prevents them from voting independently on a paper ballot, they may vote on the ADA accessible machine at their assigned polling place.
- Any registered voter who did not receive a Vote by Mail ballot may vote by Provisional Ballot at their assigned polling place for the November 3, 2020 election.
- Any voter who wishes to drop off their mail in ballot
VOTING MACHINES WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT THESE LOCATIONS
GENERAL ELECTION - VOTE BY MAIL INFORMATION & MATERIALS
Tuesday, November 3, 2020 General Election
VOTE BY MAIL by Executive Order No. 177 and 179
The Municipal Clerk’s Office will be open from 8:00A.M. To 9:00 P.M
on Tuesday, October 13, 2020 for late night voter registration.
This is the last day for registration and transfer (21 days prior to election).
In the 2020 General Election, New Jersey will send a mail-in ballot to all active, registered voters. When your ballot arrives, read it carefully and follow the instructions to complete and return it.
Ballots can be returned by:
- by USPS Mail
It must be postmarked on or before November 3 and be received by the Essex Board of Elections on or before November 10.
- to your polling place
Bring your ballot to your polling place by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, November 3. Remember only you, the voter, can bring your ballot to your polling place on Election Day.
- to the Essex County Board of Election Office
located at 465 Dr. Martin Luther King Dr. Room 411 Newark, NJ 07102 by 8:00PM on November 3, 2020.
- to a Secure Ballot Box Location - List of Locations
in Essex County by 8:00PM on November 3, 2020.
Any registered voter who did not receive a Vote by Mail ballot may vote by Provisional Ballot at their assigned polling place for the November 3, 2020 election.
ADA Accessible Voting
If a voter has a disability that prevents them from voting independently on a paper ballot, they may vote on the ADA accessible machine at their assigned polling place.
The New Jersey Division of Elections Website:
Please click the link to view the 2020 NJ voter information portal: www.elections.nj.gov
- Register to Vote
- Find out if you are Registered
- How to Vote
- Track your Ballot
- Find a secure Ballot Drop Box Near you ( Town Hall Building, 1 Kennedy Drive)
- Polling Locations
- Military Voting
- Be A Poll Worker
Important Phone Numbers:
- Board of Elections - 973-621-8819 - https://essexboardofelections.com/
- Essex County Clerk Office - 973-621-4922
- Municipal Clerk’s Office - 973-284-4955
- November 5, 2019 - General Election Unofficial Results
- June 4, 2019 - Primary Election Unofficial Results
- November 6, 2018 - General Election Unofficial Results
- June 5, 2018 - Primary Election Unofficial Results
- December 12, 2017 - Special School Election Unofficial Results
- November 7, 2017 - General Election Unofficial Results
- June 7, 2017 - Primary Election Unofficial Results
- November 8, 2016 - General Election Results (from Essex County Clerk's Office)
- June 7, 2016 - Primary Election Unofficial Results (includes County Committee Members) Updated 6/9/16
- May 10, 2016 - Municipal Election Unofficial Results
Who Can Register to Vote: To register in New Jersey you must meet the following requirements:
- you are a United States citizen,
- you will be 18 years old by the next election,
- you will be a resident of the county for 30 days before the election.
You are not eligible to register to vote if you are serving a sentence or on parole or probation, as a result of a conviction of an indictable offense under state or federal law or have been adjudged mentally incompetent.
- Are you registered to vote? Find out on the New Jersey Division of Elections website: Am I registered to vote?
If you have recently moved to Nutley and need to register to vote, registration forms are available at the Municipal Clerk’s Office, (973) 284-4955. Or download and complete a Voter Registration Application .
- Mail or deliver the Voter Registration Application to the Essex County Commissioner of Registration at PO Box 690, Newark, NJ 07101-0690
- Present the application in person at the Essex County Clerk's Office - 465 Martin Luther King Blvd, Room 247 in Newark.
The registration deadline to vote at the next election is twenty-one (21) days prior to Election Day.
You can change your party affiliation up to fifty-five (55) days before a primary election and still vote in that Primary Election.
You can declare your party affiliation at the polls when you go to vote in your FIRST Primary Election.
Any registered New Jersey voter can vote by mail in any election for any reason. A voter may vote by mail by completing the Application for Vote by Mail Ballot and returning the application to the Essex County Clerk . To receive your ballot by mail, the application must be received by the County Clerk seven (7) days prior to the election.
The polls are open from 6:00AM to 8:00PM on both Primary and General Elections