Elections in the Township of Nutley are overseen by the Municipal Clerk's Office. If you have any questions with regard to voting or the information which follows, please contact (973) 284-4955.
Township of Nutley Polling Locations
2018 Election Dates
|Tuesday, June 5, 2018||Primary Election||6:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday, November 6, 2018||
School Board Election
|6:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
Municipal Elections are held every 4 years. The next General Municipal Election will be held on May 12, 2020
- December 12, 2017 Special School Election Unofficial Results
- November 7, 2017 General Election Unofficial Results
- June 7, 2017 Primary Unofficial Results
- November 8, 2016 General Election Results (from Essex County Clerk's Office)
- June 7, 2016 Primary Unofficial Results (includes County Committee Members) Updated 6/9/16
- 2016 Municipal Election Unofficial Results
Who Can Register to Vote: To register in New Jersey you must meet the following requirements:
- you are a United States citizen,
- you will be 18 years old by the next election,
- you will be a resident of the county for 30 days before the election.
You are not eligible to register to vote if you are serving a sentence or on parole or probation, as a result of a conviction of an indictable offense under state or federal law or have been adjudged mentally incompetent.
- Are you registered to vote? Find out on the New Jersey Division of Elections website: Am I registered to vote?
If you have recently moved to Nutley and need to register to vote, registration forms are available at the Municipal Clerk’s Office, (973) 284-4955. Or download and complete a Voter Registration Application .
Mail or deliver the Voter Registration Application to the Essex County Commissioner of Registration at PO Box 690, Newark, NJ 07101-0690
- Present the application in person at the Essex County Clerk's Office - 465 Martin Luther King Blvd, Room 247 in Newark.
The registration deadline to vote at the next election is twenty-one (21) days prior to Election Day.
You can change your party affiliation up to fifty-five (55) days before a primary election and still vote in that Primary Election.
You can declare your party affiliation at the polls when you go to vote in your FIRST Primary Election.
Any registered New Jersey voter can vote by mail in any election for any reason. A voter may vote by mail by completing the Application for Vote by Mail Ballot and returning the application to the Essex County Clerk . To receive your ballot by mail, the application must be received by the County Clerk seven (7) days prior to the election.
The polls are open from 6:00AM to 8:00PM on both Primary and General Elections