Water Billing and Payments
Town Hall, 1st Floor
Monday thru Friday | 8:00am - 4:00pm
Phone: (973) 284-4962
- All water meters shall be read and bills for water service shall be rendered for periods of approximately 3 months. Monthly readings and billings shall be in effect for users having large consumption of water.
- The Township will not extend any bill adjustments for excess water use resulting from non-water meter incidents such as:
- All unpaid bills shall draw an interest at the rate of 8% per annum after 30 days.
Go Paperless and never lose your Water Bill again! Sign-Up today at www.nutleynj.org/ebill.
Bills can be paid in person at Town Hall, dropped in the payment box in front of Town Hall, mailed or submitted online.
- In Person: Cashier's Office is open Monday thru Friday between 8:00am and 4:30pm.
- Drop Box: Payments may be dropped in the payment box in the side entrance (Oval / football field side) of Town Hall after hours. Please remember, it is never a good idea to leave cash in the drop box. The Township of Nutley is not responsible for cash payments deposited into the drop box.
- Online: Visit Online Payments to learn more about paying your bills online.
- Mail: Please submit payment and stub and mail to:
Nutley Water Department
1 Kennedy Drive
Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Your bill is designed to provide the information you need to know about your account. To better understand your bill, view our Bill Explanation .
Final meter readings are required if you are selling your home or if a tenant is moving out. Please contact our office at least 24 hours in advance to schedule a final water meter reading.
Appointments are scheduled between 7:30am-8:00am or 12:30pm-1:00pm weekdays. The meter reader must gain access to physically read the water meter and someone 18 years or older must be home. Requests may also be emailed or submitted online.
The account will be changed to the new owner's or tenant's name on the closing date.
The Nutley Water Department is a division within the Department of Public Works, and operates solely on revenues received for the services rendered. This means tax dollars are not necessary for this utility to function under normal conditions.
- $20.24 minimum charge per billing period for any part of the first 500 cubic feet (ft3).
- $40.48 per 1,000 cubic feet (ft3) per billing period.
MONTHLY MAINTENANCE FEE
A monthly maintenance fee shall be levied according to the schedule set forth below.
As consideration for levying of such maintenance fee, the Township will assume full cost for the maintenance and repair of the water supply line from the water main to and including curb stop and the water meter without any additional cost to the consumer for maintenance and repair.
Maintenance fee for private supply lines and fire lines shall only apply to the water meter and not the repair of the private mains, supply or fire lines.
Monthly Maintenance Fee Schedule
Effective January 1, 2019
Mains/Supply/Fire Meter Only
The following annual rates are hereby established for fire lines/sprinkler connections to the water system installed for the use of private persons, firms, corporations or other entities.
|up to 1"||$100.00|
The foregoing charges are made for the privilege of making and having such connections with the Township Water Distribution System and shall be paid by the owner.