Tax Sale Information
Tax Sale is the enforcement of collections against a property by placing a lien against the property for all outstanding municipal charges due at the end of the calendar year (December 31). Municipal charges include but are not limited to:
- Added / omitted assessments
- Special assessment charges
- Water charges
For additional information please contact the Tax Collector's Office att (973) 284-4963 or email@example.com .
Tax Sale Process
Prior to the day of sale, the tax collector has responsibilities set by the State of New Jersey Statute N.J.S.A 54:5, including the following:
- All homeowners are notified of the pending sale (Tax Sale Notice) and the amount due to stay out of tax sale. Due to changes in the New Jersey State Tax Sale Law, the tax collector must create the tax sale list 50 days prior to the sale, and all charges on that list together with cost of sale must be paid to stay out of sale.
- Copies of the tax sale notice must be advertised one time in each of the four weeks preceding the tax sale. This ad does not have to run on the same day every week, just one time in four consecutive weeks. The tax collector can make the decision to mail notices in lieu of advertising for two weeks out of the four.
- A copy of the published tax sale notice is to be mailed to the homeowner. Failure to mail the notice, or failure for the homeowner to receive notification does not invalidate any tax sale proceeding.
- Copies of the notice will be posted in five public places in the municipality.
- On the fifth week, the tax collector may hold the tax sale.
2018 Tax Sale Information
- To view the properties subject to the sale CLICK HERE (available after August 17, 2018)
- For additional information about NJ Tax Sales CLICK HERE
- July 27, 2018 - After this date, all payments must be in the form of cash, certified check or money order. Credit Card payments cannot be accepted for payments of delinquent charges subject to Tax Sale.
- August 17, 2018 - Last day to pay and avoid statuatory publication.
- September 18, 2018 - Tax Sale for 2017 Tax, Water and Other Municipal Charges owed.