Department of Public Affairs
Monday thru Friday | 8:00am - 4:00pm
Phone: (973) 284-4976
Fax: (973) 661-9411
Contractor: F. Basso, Jr. Rubbish Removal, Inc. - (973) 483-1671
Solid Waste Collection
|Zone 1||All streets west of Franklin Avenue to East Passaic Avenue||Monday and Thursday|
|Zone 2||All of Franklin Avenue|
All streets east of Franklin Avenue to River Road
|Tuesday and Friday|
There will be NO GARBAGE COLLECTION on the following holidays
|New Year's Day||Memorial Day||Independence Day|
|Labor Day||Thanksgiving Day||Christmas Day|
Remyndr - Free Smart Phone App
Remyndr is a free and simple app that will notify you the night before any curbside collection, tell you what goes out for pickup and alert you when there is a problem.
Bulk and White Goods Collection
- ONCE A WEEK ONLY ON WEDNESDAYS. (Entire Township)
- Items such as furniture, mattresses, box springs, rugs (must be cut, rolled and tied in 4 foot lengths) and small household items will be picked up. Average quantities are anticipated to be five (5) large items per collection day . Large items are the size of a living room couch and handled by no more than two persons.
Construction Material Removal
As per Ordinance #2417 (Chapter 614-12) - Waste building materials and rubble resulting from construction, remodeling, repair and demolition operations on residential or commercial buildings, pavements or other structures will absolutely not be removed by the Township
- Permitted contractors must remove and dispose of all construction debris.
- It is the responsibility of the homeowner to dispose of debris resulting from work performed by homeowners/residents.
Vegetative Waste Collection
ONCE A WEEK ONLY ON WEDNESDAYS – Entire Township (April – December 16)
- Grass Clippings / Yard Debris
If the homeowner chooses to cut and bag his own grass clippings and yard debris, 5-6 bags will be picked up at a time. If using a landscaper, removal is the responsibility of the landscaper. ALL vegetation MUST be placed in biodegradable bags. Black/plastic bags WILL NOT be collected.
- Tree limbs and branches
Loose wood, brush, tree limbs and branches must be cut into four foot lengths and tied in bundles weighing no more than fifty (50) pounds each.
Homeowners are required to put leaves at curbside in biodegradable bags from October 15 through December 15. Bags will be collected on Wednesdays ONLY and will not be picked up with the regular garbage collection.
By Township Ordinance, all landscapers must remove all leaves, grass clipping and vegetative waste and must be licensed by the Township.
The following items are NOW recycled:
- Electronics - Computers, Monitors, Printers, Televisions, and Microwave Ovens
As of August 1, 2015 Electronics WILL NOT be picked up curbside. The Department of Public Works sponsors FREE Special Electronics Collection Days. Please call (973) 284-4984 for more information.
- Tires - (without rims)
Please call the Department of Public Works at (973) 284-4984 to arrange for pick up.
- Corrugated Cardboard
All non-waxed coated cardboard is to be cut into 18 inch pieces and put out with your weekly recycling.
- Metal Goods
Please remove doors from refrigerators/freezers.
The following WILL NOT be collected:
- Oil based paints, industrial, hazardous, liquid, laboratory or pathological waste.
- Building materials and rubble, including cement, earth, stones and asphalt, resulting from construction, remodeling, repair and demolition operations on residential or commercial buildings, pavements, or other structures.
- Tree trunks, large tree limbs, tree stumps, uprooted shrubs, bushes and other large plantings and any waste materials resulting from operations by landscape contractors.
Violations and Penalties
As per Ordiannce 2417, Chapter 614-23 - Violations and penalties:
Any person, firm, corporation or entity found guilty of violating any section of this article shall, upon conviction thereof, be fined not less than $100 nor more than $1,000 for each violation of this article. Each day that such violation(s) shall continue shall be considered a separate violation.