Department of Public Works
Monday thru Friday | 8:00am - 4:00pm
Phone: (973) 284-4984
Fax: (973) 284-4995
Message from Mayor Scarpelli
As I complete my ninth year as Director of Public Works, I would again like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for continuing to make our recycling program such a huge success. As a result of your efforts, the program is expanded each year, going above and beyond county and state requirements.
In the last two years we made several modifications in order to maximize our revenue and adapt to the constant changes in the recycling industry and markets. Although these changes were challenging, both the DPW and our residents adjusted to these revisions and made our program more dynamic.
Thank you for your continued cooperation!
Mayor Dr. Joseph P. Scarpelli
Director of Public Works
2017-2018 Recycling Guidelines:
- As per New Jersey State Law and Chapter 614 of the Code of the Township of Nutley, recycling is MANDATORY for all property owners, residents and businesses.
- It is the responsibility of the resident to recycle according to the listed guidelines.
- Recyclables are to be placed in the correct container at curbside no earlier than 5:00 PM the night before or no later than 7:00 AM the day of collection.
- You can help avoid missed pickups by not placing your recyclables next to trees, telephone poles, parked cars or other obstructions and by having the material at the curb for collection at the proper times and in the proper recycling containers.
- Recyclables may not be placed in the street.
For service requests please contact the Department of Public Works at (973) 284-4984 or submit a Service Request online
Remyndr - Free Smart Phone App
Mayor Joseph P. Scarpelli and the Department of Public Works are pleased to announce the launch of Remyndr - a smart phone notification tool that helps simplify curbside recycling by providing zone-specific reminders detailing curbside pickup items. Remyndr is a free and simple app that will notify you the night before any curbside collection, tell you what goes out for pickup and alert you when there is a problem.
Recycling Collection Guide
The Recycling Collection guide includes the complete listing of acceptable and unacceptable recycling material and how it is collected by the Township of Nutley.
- Download: 2017-2018 Recycling Guide
- Electronics Recycling Changes Effective August 1, 2015 - 2017 Electronics Recycling Collection Days
Recycling Collection Schedule
Curbside recycling collection is picked-up once a week according to the following schedule.
ZONE #1 - Tuesdays • ZONE #2 - Wednesdays • ZONE #3 - Thursdays
- Download: Recycling Collection Schedule
There will be NO RECYCLING COLLECTION on the following holidays
|New Year's Day||Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr's Birthday||President's Day|
|Good Friday||Memorial Day||Independence Day|
|Labor Day||Columbus Day||Election Day|
|Veterans Day||Thanksgiving||Christmas Day|