Youth Recreation Programs
The Township provides a diverse variety of youth sports activities ranging from toddlers to teens. Current youth programs include Recreation Soccer, Traveling Soccer, Football, Cheering, Recreation Roller Hockey, Traveling Roller Hockey, Wrestling, K2 Hoops, Recreation Basketball, Traveling Basketball, Tennis, Little League Baseball, Sr. League Baseball, Golf, Track, Messy Masterpieces, Hula Dancing, Recreation Softball, Traveling Softball, Lacrosse, Summer Clinics, Tumbling, Fun with Music, Petite Soccer, Special Needs Programs and more.
Adult Recreation Programs
The Township provides a wide variety of Adult Recreation Activities. Current Adult Programs include Yoga, Aerobics, Men's Soccer, Men's Softball, Women's Softball, Men's Basketball, Men's Volleyball, Women's Volleyball, Co-Ed Volleyball, Latin Aerobics and more.
Special Events and Trips
The Township provides the community with countless seasonal trips and special events. Events are themed for the season and all residents are welcome to participate. Some special events include Ski Trips, Halloween Party, Fishing Contest, Holiday Concerts, Movie Under The Stars, Kid's Night Out, Christmas Basketball Tournament, Ice Shows, Wrestling Tournament and more.
- Summer Concert Series- The Township provides residents with musical concerts every Wednesday during the summer months at either Kingsland Park or Memorial Park 1. Free popcorn and lemon ice is distributed for residents to enjoy during the concerts.
- Theatre Programs- The Township offers the community an opportunity to participate in two theatre productions per year. Children and adults are welcome to participate. Performances are held at the Nutley High School. A summer theatre program is alo offered.
- Rutgers Safety Training- The Township provides this mandatory three hour orientation program for all coaches and volunteers that interact in our youth sports programs. This program provides partial civil immunity protection to volunteer coaches under the "Little League Law".
- Infant/Toddler CPR Training- The Township offers this vital tool for residents, day care providers and parents to educate them with life saving techniques. Classes will be scheduled throughout the year.
- Fingerprinting Program- The Township has instituted a fingerprinting program which allows any coach or volunteer to be fingerprinted and placed on file with the state and federal government free of charge. It is mandated that all volunteers and employees working with the youth of Nutley must be fingerprinted and safety trained.
- Essex County Clerk Program - On the first and third Wednesday of each month the Essex County Clerk's office is available at the Recreation Department. Please visit County Clerk's website at www.essexclerk.com for current hours and dates.