Nutley Farmers Market
|Tweets by NutleyFM|
The Nutley Farmers Market, established in 2009, features live musical entertainment and a wide variety of fresh regionally-grown produce, as well as cut flowers, homemade cheese, dried fruit and fresh nuts, pickles, bread and more. The market helps New Jersey family farmers; enables people to meet, talk to and ask questions of the person who grew their food; brings shoppers into our local business districts; and is a great place to meet friends and neighbors.
The Market runs Sundays from mid-June through October of each season and takes place in Downtown Nutley in Municipal Parking Lot 9 at 537 Franklin Avenue, from 9am to 2pm.
Quick Facts About the Township of Nutley and the Nutley Farmers Market
- Nutley Township is a suburban residential community of approximately 28,000.
- The Market is located in a municipal parking lot in our downtown business district within biking and walking distance for many residents.
- Only Sunday Market in Essex County.
- Only Sunday Market within a 12 mile radius of our township.
(as of 9/17/20 - keep checking back as new vendors are added!)
- Asprocolas Acres - Millstone, NJ PRE-ORDER ONLINE
- Adventure Kitchen PRE-ORDER ONLINE
- Empanada Lady PRE-ORDER ONLINE
- Gourmet Nuts and Dried Fruit PRE-ORDER ONLINE
- Hidden Valley Farm PRE-ORDER VIA EMAIL
- Hoboken Farms
- Pickles, Olives Etc. PRE-ORDER ONLINE
- Queen City Coffee Roasters
- Treelicious Orchards & Just Made Bakery - Port Murray, NJ PRE-ORDER ONLINE
Featured Vendor Program
In order to introduce new vendors into the Nutley Farmers Market we have begun a featured vendor program! Featured vendors are at the Market on selected dates. Stay tuned for additional vendors and dates as the season progresses!
- Clean Temple Body Essentials
- Debbie's Doggie Delights
- Grandma Emma's
- Neshanic Valley Beekeepers
- Pallotta Hot Sauce
- Pooch and Pawsome Pet Products
- Somers 27 Soap Co.
- Others to be announced!
We are pleased to present LIVE entertainment each and every week featuring local musicians and groups. Entertainment is provided from 10am - 1pm. Picnic tables are provided for patrons to relax and listen to sounds while also catching up with friends and neighbors.
If you or your musical group would like to perform at the market, please email our market managers.
2020 Entertainment Schedule
DUE TO COVID-19 ALL MUSICAL ENTERTAINMENT IS CANCELLED FOR 2020
Nutley Farmers Market Walk & Talk helps Market patrons get fit AND informed during their weekly visit to the Market.
Every Sunday during the Market season, walkers can join a featured leader for a 3-mile scenic loop. During the walk, participants can ask the leader questions within their area of expertise in a relaxed, informal setting. Walkers meet at the Nutley Farmers Market at 8:15am, step off at 8:30am, and return to the Market to stock up for the week ahead.
Market Walk & Talk leaders come from a wide variety of disciplines, including health, wellness, fitness, education, government, law, art, design, writing, and more.
Market Walk & Talk is funded in part by a grant to the Nutley Department of Health from Partners for Health Foundation whose mission is to make our communities healthier, better places to live.
- Download flyer for more information.
Special Events at the Market
Special events take place throughout the season such as demonstrations, contests, book signings, art-making, and outreach days with community organizations and school groups. Sponsored by the Department of Public Works, special recycling days focus on items that aren't picked up during our regular curbside collection.
Further supporting access to healthy foods for all, our EBT Machine gives eligible residents (SNAP, WIC, FMNP) more opportunity to purchase fresh fruits, vegetables, and packaged foods. Supported by a grant from New Jersey Healthy Communities Network funded by Partners for Health Foundation.
Help neighbors in need by bringing donations of non-perishable food or funds to stock the NFSB Food Pantry. Donations of fresh produce also welcome every other Market.
The Township of Nutley is partnering with Essex County's Department of Health & Senior Services to provide financial assistance for senior citizens in the Township through the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program. We will be doubling SFMNP vouchers so our eligible seniors will receive an additional $25!
10 Reasons Why to Shop at a Farmers Market
- Freshly picked ripe food is at its peak in flavor and nutrition.
- Shopping at farmers markets supports your local farmers and keeps the money you spend closer to your neighborhood.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables are full of antioxidants and phytonutrients.
- It’s a great way to get your kids involved.
- Farmers markets can be important anchors for vibrant communities.
- Buy foods and see how they fit with ChooseMyPlate.
- Farmers often have good recommendations on ways to prepare their products.
- You can try a new fruit or vegetable!
- SNAP and WIC cards are accepted at most farmers markets.
- Farmers markets are easy to find.