Nutley Farmers Market
|Tweets by NutleyFM|
The Nutley Farmers Market, established in 2009, features live musical entertainment and a wide variety of fresh regionally-grown produce, as well as cut flowers, homemade cheese, dried fruit and fresh nuts, pickles, bread and more. The market helps New Jersey family farmers, enables people to meet, talk to and ask questions of the person who grew their food, brings shoppers into our local business districts and is a great place to meet friends and neighbors.
The Market runs from June through October of each season and takes place in centrally located Municipal Parking Lot #1 (on William Street, on the east side of Franklin Avenue), from 9am to 2pm.
The 8th season of the Nutley Farmers Market
returns June 18, 2017
9am - 2pm
Municipal Parking Lot 1
** NEW FOR 2017 - Now Accepting SNAP and WIC **
Page to learn about the latest market events and updates!
If you are a vendor and are interested in participating in our 2017 market, please email our Market Managers
Quick Facts About the Township of Nutley and the Nutley Farmers Market
- Nutley Township is a suburban residential community of approximately 28,000.
- The market, located in the main municipal parking lot in our centrally located business district, is right next to 2 senior citizen buildings and within walking distance for many residents.
- Only Sunday Market in Essex County.
- Only Sunday Market within a 12 mile radius of our township.
Participating Vendors - 2017
(as of 5/24/17 - keep checking back as new vendors are added!)
- Asprocolas Acres - Millstone, NJ
- Hoboken Farms
- Naturalvert - NEW
- Pickles, Olives Etc.
- There's Da Rub
- The Juice Pushers - NEW
Featured Vendor Program
In order to introduce new vendors into the Nutley Farmers Market we have begun a featured vendor program! These vendors will be at the market on selected dates. Stay tuned for addditional vendors as the season progresses!
Live Entertainment at the Market
We are pleased to present LIVE entertainment each and every week featuring local musicians and groups. Entertainment is provided from 10am - 1pm. Picnic tables are provided for patrons to relax and listen to sounds while also catching up with friends and neighbors.
Over the years we have had the pleasure of featuring the following musicians at the market:
If you or your musical group would like to perform at the market, please email our market managers.
2017 Entertainment Schedule
|June 18||Gerard and Diane Barros||August 27||Driftaway Duo|
|June 25||Swampgrass Jug Band||September 3||TBA|
|July 2||Rockstar Racecar||September 10||Vincent Villanueva|
|July 9||Paradise Vendors||September 17||Swampgrass Jug Band|
|July 16||Driftaway Duo||September 24||TBA|
|July 23||Vincent Villanueva||October 1||Vincent Villanueva|
|July 30||Nutley School of Music||October 8||Driftaway Duo|
|August 6||Swampgrass Jug Band||October 15||Gerard and Diane Barros|
|August 13||Gerard and Diane Barros||October 22||Vincent Villanueva|
|August 20||Paradise Vendors||October 29||Nutley School of Music|
The 2017 season marks the 2nd year of a brand new initiative—Market Walk & Talk—to help Market patrons get fit AND informed during their weekly visit to the Market.
Every Sunday from June 18 through October 29, walkers can join a featured leader for a one-hour loop through our scenic Nutley parks. During the walk, participants can ask the leader questions within their area of expertise in a relaxed, informal setting. Walkers meet at the Nutley Farmers Market at 8:15 a.m., walk from 8:30-9:30 a.m., and return to the Market to try some delicious samples from our vendors.
Market Walk & Talk leaders come from a wide variety of disciplines, including health, wellness, fitness, education, government, law, art, design, writing, and more.
Market Walk & Talk is funded in part by a grant to the Nutley Department of Health from Partners for Health Foundation whose mission is to make our communities healthier, better places to live.
- Download Flyer for more information.
10 Reasons Why to Shop at a Farmers Market
- Freshly picked ripe food is at its peak in flavor and nutrition.
- Shopping at farmers markets supports your local farmers and keeps the money you spend closer to your neighborhood.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables are full of antioxidants and phytonutrients.
- It’s a great way to get your kids involved.
- Farmers markets can be important anchors for vibrant communities.
- Buy foods and see how they fit with ChooseMyPlate.
- Farmers often have good recommendations on ways to prepare their products.
- You can try a new fruit or vegetable!
- SNAP and WIC cards are accepted at most farmers markets.
- Farmers markets are easy to find.
Special Events at the Market
In conjunction with the market, special events are planned for almost every week of the season sponosred by the Department of Public Works. Recycling initiatives are featured throughout, focusing on specialized items that aren't picked up during the course of the normal weekly recycling collection. In addition other events include demostrations, community outreach days with the Nutley Public Library, community organziations and school groups and the annual Food Fest.
Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program Vouchers
The Township of Nutley is partnering with Essex County's Department of Health & Senior Services to provide financial assistance for senior citizens in the Township through the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program. If you are a low-income senior, or know of one who might benefit from this program, please contact the Meredith Blank at the Department of Public Affairs at (973) 284-4976 or email@example.com .
- Stay Tuned for when the Essex County Department of Health & Senior Services will be at the Nutley Farmers Market to issue Senior Farmers Market Vouchers