Nutley Farmers Market
The Nutley Farmers Market, established in 2009, features live musical entertainment and a wide variety of fresh regionally-grown produce, as well as cut flowers, homemade cheese, dried fruit and fresh nuts, pickles, bread and more. The market helps New Jersey family farmers, enables people to meet, talk to and ask questions of the person who grew their food, brings shoppers into our local business districts and is a great place to meet friends and neighbors.
The Market runs from June through October of each season and takes place in centrally located Municipal Parking Lot #1 (on William Street, on the east side of Franklin Avenue), from 9am to 2pm.
*** THANK YOU FOR A GREAT SEASON! ***
The Nutley Farmers Market returns June 2017
Page to learn about the latest market events and updates!
If you are a vendor and are interested in participating in our 2017 market, please email our Market Managers
Quick Facts About the Township of Nutley and the Nutley Farmers Market
- Nutley Township is a suburban residential community of approximately 28,000.
- The market, located in the main municipal parking lot in our centrally located business district, is right next to 2 senior citizen buildings and within walking distance for many residents.
- Only Sunday Market in Essex County.
- Only Sunday Market within a 12 mile radius of our township.
Participating Vendors - 2016
- Apiterra Honey (beginning July 24th)
- Asprocolas Acres - Millstone, NJ
- Gourmet Nuts and Dried Fruit
- Hoboken Farms
- Pickles, Olives Etc.
- S.L.U.G. - Satisfying Lean Unbelievably Good (beginning July 17th)
- Steep for the Trees
- The Little Bake Shop
- There's Da Rub
Featured Vendor Program
In order to introduce new vendors into the Nutley Farmers Market we have begun a featured vendor program! These vendors will be at the market on selected dates. Stay tuned for addditional vendors as the season progresses!
- Balsam Woods Farm (June 26 Only)
- Empanada Lady (September 11, September 25, October 2 and October 23)
Live Entertainment at the Market
We are pleased to present LIVE entertainment each and every week featuring local musicians and groups. Entertainment is provided from 10am - 1pm. Picnic tables are provided for patrons to relax and listen to sounds while also catching up with friends and neighbors.
Over the years we have had the pleasure of featuring the following musicians at the market:
2016 Entertainment Schedule
|June 12||3 West||August 21||Rockstar Racecar|
|June 19||Vincent Villanueva||August 28||Deja Vu|
|June 26||Chris Barry||September 4||TBA|
|July 3||TBA||September 11||Gerard and Diane Barros|
|July 10||Swampgrass Jug Band||September 18||Jeff and Karen|
|July 17||Gerard and Diane Barros||September 25||Harvey Wechter|
|July 24||Eric Weinstein Jazz||October 2||Gerard and Diane Barros|
|July 31||Deuces Wild||October 9||Swampgrass Jug Band|
|August 7||Jeff and Karen||October 16||Jeff and Karen|
|August 14||Chris Barry||October 23||R. Schlesinger|
|October 30||Vincent Villanueva|
The 2016 season marks the kick-off of a brand new initiative—Market Walk & Talk—to help Market patrons get fit AND informed during their weekly visit to the Market.
Every Sunday from June 12 through October 30, walkers can join a featured leader for a one-hour loop through our scenic Nutley parks. During the walk, participants can ask the leader questions within their area of expertise in a relaxed, informal setting. Walkers meet at the Nutley Farmers Market at 8:15 a.m., walk from 8:30-9:30 a.m., and return to the Market to try some delicious samples from our vendors.
Market Walk & Talk leaders come from a wide variety of disciplines, including health, wellness, fitness, education, government, law, art, design, writing, and more.
Market Walk & Talk is funded in part by a grant to the Nutley Department of Health from Partners for Health Foundation whose mission is to make our communities healthier, better places to live.
- Download Flyer for more information.
10 Reasons Why to Shop at a Farmers Market
- Freshly picked ripe food is at its peak in flavor and nutrition.
- Shopping at farmers markets supports your local farmers and keeps the money you spend closer to your neighborhood.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables are full of antioxidants and phytonutrients.
- It’s a great way to get your kids involved.
- Farmers markets can be important anchors for vibrant communities.
- Buy foods and see how they fit with ChooseMyPlate.
- Farmers often have good recommendations on ways to prepare their products.
- You can try a new fruit or vegetable!
- SNAP and WIC cards are accepted at most farmers markets.
- Farmers markets are easy to find.
Special Events at the Market
In conjunction with the market, special events are planned for almost every week of the season. Recycling initiatives are featured throughout, focusing on specialized items that aren't picked up during the course of the normal weekly recycling collection. In addition other events include demostrations, community outreach days with the Nutley Public Library, community organziations and school groups and the annual Food Fest.
Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program Vouchers
The Township of Nutley is partnering with Essex County's Department of Health & Senior Services to provide financial assistance for senior citizens in the Township through the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program. If you are a low-income senior, or know of one who might benefit from this program, please contact the Meredith Blank at the Department of Public Affairs at (973) 284-4976 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The Essex County Department of Health & Senior Services will be at the Nutley Farmers Market to issue Senior Farmers Market Vouchers on Sunday, August 14, 2016 from 9am - 2pm.