Carbon Monoxide Awareness

Commissioner John V. Kelly, III and the Nutley Department of Public Affairs and Health want to remind residents that as the weather gets colder, heaters are being turned up.  In order to prevent exposure to carbon monoxide, remember to make sure your furnace is in good working order and serviced regularly.  Also, check to make sure your CO detectors are in working order. 

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless gas that kills without warning.  It claims the lives of hundreds of people every year and makes thousands more ill. Many household items including gas- and oil-burning furnaces, portable generators, and charcoal grills produce this poison gas.

Following these important steps can keep your family safe.

https://www.nj.gov/health/ceohs/documents/ceohs%20content/CO_poisoning_homeowners2021_May_2021.pdf (English version)

https://www.nj.gov/health/ceohs/documents/ceohs%20content/CO_poisoning_homeowners_sp.pdf (Spanish version)

Distributed by the New Jersey Department of Health

More: Home News Public Affairs News and Notices