H.O.P.E for Nutley was created in 2008 by Commissioner Alphonse Petracco in an effort to help educate parents about the dangers and consequences of drug and alcohol abuse. With the main focus still being on substance abuse education, in August 2016, we have expanded the mission to include everyday issues that affect parents, guardians and youth of all ages.
The purpose of these newsletters are to educate and inform our parents and guardians of the newest and most current trends affecting our children. In addition, we will be sharing parenting tips and suggestions that we feel can foster stronger parent/child connections.
- Issue 1 - August 2016 - Battling the Butterflies
- Issue 2 - August 15, 2016 - How to Bully Proof Your Kid
- Issue 3 - August 22, 2016 - Facts About Cyberbullying and How You Can Help
- Issue 4 - August 29, 2016 - 10 Ways to Keep Your Child Successful in School ( High School , Middle School , Elementary School )
- Issue 5 - September 6, 2016 - Developing Your Child's Self-Esteem
- Issue 6 - September 12, 2016 - Helping Kids Handle Worrying
- Issue 7 - September 19, 2016 - Help Teens Builld a Positive Body Image
- Issue 8 - September 26, 2016 - 10 Parenting Tips for Raising Teenagers
- Issue 9 - October 3, 2016 - Saying No to Teens without Guilt
- Issue 10 - October 12, 2016 - Backtalk: Should You Ignore It?
- Issue 11 - October 18, 2016 - Dealing with Peer Pressure
Like Us on Facebook for announcements, and other important information.