About H.O.P.E. for Nutley
H.O.P.E for Nutley was created in 2008 by Commissioner Alphonse Petracco in an effort to help educate parents about the dangers and consequences of drug and alcohol abuse. With the main focus still being on substance abuse education, in August 2016, we have expanded the mission to include everyday issues that affect parents, guardians and youth of all ages.
Officers and Public safety employees coordinate educational projects for Nutley students’ district wide like the Above the Influence (ATI) campaign, Nutley Flashmob, and the Carnival of HOPE for Nutley. HOPE also hosts presentations for parents like Hidden in Plain Sight, Kids Count, How to Talk Teen and the Wake Up Parents educational series.
The purpose of these newsletters are to educate and inform our parents and guardians of the newest and most current trends affecting our children. In addition, we will be sharing parenting tips and suggestions that we feel can foster stronger parent/child connections.
- Issue 1 - Battling the Butterflies
- Issue 2 - How to Bully Proof Your Kid
- Issue 3 - Facts About Cyberbullying and How You Can Help
- Issue 4 - 10 Ways to Keep Your Child Successful in School ( High School , Middle School , Elementary School )
- Issue 5 - Developing Your Child's Self-Esteem
- Issue 6 - Helping Kids Handle Worrying
- Issue 7 - Help Teens Builld a Positive Body Image
- Issue 8 - 10 Parenting Tips for Raising Teenagers
- Issue 9 - Saying No to Teens without Guilt
- Issue 10 - Backtalk: Should You Ignore It?
- Issue 11 - Dealing with Peer Pressure
- Issue 12 - When Your Home is a Battle Zone
- Issue 13 - Preventing Drug Abuse in Teens
- Issue 14 - Worst Mistakes Parents Make When Talking to Kids
- Issue 15 - Tips to Prevent Your Family from Driving You Crazy During the Holidays
- Issue 16 - Issue 16
- Issue 17 - 5 Ways to Help Your Child Survive the Social Turmoil of Middle School
- Issue 18 - Helping Kids Handle Worry
- Issue 19 - Helping Children and Parents Enjoy the Holidays
- Issue 20 - Top 10 Nw Year's Resolutions for Teens
- Issue 21 - Teaching Kids to be Smart about Social Media
- Issue 22 - Teenage Friends and Friendships
- Issue 23 - Values to Teach Your Child
- Issue 24 - Teen Proof Your Home
- Issue 25 - What Teens Need Most from Their Parents
- Issue 26 - High School Students and Drinking
- Issue 27 - Dripping: The New Craze
- Issue 28 - Helping Kids Cope with Cliques