Historic Preservation Committee
The Historic Preservation Committee shall have the responsibility to:
- Establish a regular schedule of meetings on a quarterly basis.
- Prepare and/or maintain a survey of proposed historic landmarks of the Township so as to identify historic landmarks that are worthy of protection and preservation. The criteria for evaluating and designating historic landmarks shall be guided by the National Register of Historic Places;
- Make recommendations to the Planning Board on the historic preservation plan element of the Master Plan and on the impact for preservation of historic landmarks of any other Master Plan elements;
- Advise and make recommendations on the designation of real property, man-made structures, natural objects or configurations or any portion or group of the foregoing for inclusion as a Township historic landmark and for inclusion in the New Jersey National Register of Historic Places which will be subject to final determination by the Planning Board;
- Advise the Planning Board and the Board of Adjustment on applications for development, when requested;
- Carry out such other advisory, educational and informational functions as will promote historic preservation in the Township;
- Review and make decisions regarding any certificates of appropriateness;
- Require that a photographic or video recording of every historic landmark be created by the Construction Official upon the adoption of this chapter or the subsequent designation of any historic landmark or the completion of work performed.
HPC Forms and Links
The public meetings of the Historic Preservation Committee of the Township of Nutley, Essex County, State of New Jersey are held monthly on the the third Thursday of a month. The public meetings will be held at the Township of Nutley Municipal Building, third (3rd ) floor Commission Chambers, One Kennedy Drive at 7:00 P.M., at which time formal action may be taken.
|Name||Title||Class||Term Expires and Email|
|Jeannie Van Steen||Member||C||