Public Safety - Employment
The Township of Nutley is a New Jersey Civil Service Commission - Law Enforcement jurisdiction, therefore, all phases of the recruitment, selection, and hiring process for entry level law enforcement positions conform to the rules and regulations established by the New Jersey Civil Service Commission and municipal ordinance. Entry level examinations are conducted exclusively by the New Jersey Department of Personnel once every two years.
Check here for the NJ Civil Service website for more information.
The mandatory qualifications for appointment as a municipal police officer are:
- Citizen of the United States;
- Good health to satisfy pension requirements;
- Literacy (read, write and speak the English language);
- Good moral character (based on contemporary standards); and
- Free of criminal conviction involving moral turpitude.
(Source NJSA 40A: 14-122)
The Township of Nutley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.