Parks and Public Grounds
- Nutley Park System—The Township provides and maintains 9 Parks equipped with walking paths, newly updated playground equipment, bridges, bleachers and drinking fountains. Currently, we are installing decorative lighting along the walking path of Memorial 1 (Mud Hole) to improve safety issues. Residents are permitted to utilize parks for family or community based picnics by obtaining a permit through the Recreation Department.
- Shade Tree Division—The Shade Tree Department maintains, replaces, prunes and plants trees on township property. Diseased trees and fallen limbs are also removed upon inspection. This division is equipped with an experienced forester, who is available 1 day per week to evaluate and direct as to specific actions needed to be taken for individual situations.
- Park Permit—Nutley has two parks designated for picnics Kingsland Park (Passaic Avenue and Rutgers Place) and Booth Park (Ravine Ave and Harrison Street) . This is open to any Nutley Resident or Nutley Company. A application maybe obtained at the Parks and Recreation Department, 44 Park Avenue or call Mary Fenui at 973-284-4900 X2511 for more information. There is a fee of $125.00 with a refundable deposit of $100.
- Memorial Tree Planting Program—The Township offers a Memorial Tree Planting Program in memory of loved ones that have passed. The tree is planted within our park and field system with a memorial plaque inscribed with the phrase of choice. A Memorial Bench program is also available as of 2005.
- Ball Fields—The Township provides and maintains over 12 baseball fields and 4 soccer fields for leagues and residents to utilize. Recently, Nutley East Little League Field was renovated and equipped with new scoreboards, bleachers and fencing.
- Tennis Courts—The Township provides and maintains 2 separate tennis facilities for residents to utilize. Permits may be obtained through the Recreation Department. Tennis lessons are also available for residents age 5 through Adult.
- Roller Hockey Rink—The Township provides and maintains a Roller Hockey facility for township leagues and residents to utilize.
« Back to Parks & Recreation