Marriage licenses can be obtained in the municipality in which either applicant lives, within the State of New Jersey.
Both applicants and one witness must appear before the Registrar to apply for the Marriage Certificate within one year of the wedding date.
There is a 72 Hour (3 Day) waiting period before the license is issued.
- The applicants must provide proof of residency.
- A birth certificate may be requested for proof of age.
- Social Securtiy numbers must be provided.
- Divorce decrees or death certificates must be presented to the Registrar for examination.
- The marriage license is filed in the town the marriage took place in (not necessarily where it was applied for).
LICENSE FEE IS $28.00. TRANSCRIPT FEE IS $10.00 PER CERTIFIED COPY.
OFFICE HOURS ARE MONDAY-FRIDAY 8:30-4:00PM. *MONDAY EVENINGS FROM 6:30-7:30PM.
*Please note Monday evening hours are by appointment only from June 30, 2014 through September 1, 2014.